SINGAPORE, 19 SEPTEMBER 2023 – The Sports Hub Library will transfer a selection of its print and digital material to the National Library Board (NLB) and the selected collection will be made available at the Tampines Regional Library and the National Library.
Titles from the Sports Hub Library collection of print and learning materials on a variety of topics including Sports & Recreation, Training & Coaching, Health & Fitness will be available at the Tampines Regional Library as early as March 2024, with a total of 20,000 titles available for loan by end October 2024. Additionally, a selection of more than 15,000 print and electronic materials will be made available for reference at the National Library by next year.
With the conclusion of library services, the current premises will serve as a space for activities for the community and major sporting, entertainment and lifestyle events. Details of the revitalisation plan will be shared at a later stage.
To ensure a smooth transition of the collection to NLB, patrons of the Sports Hub Library are advised to return all borrowed books to Sports Hub Library by the loan due date. Patrons can visit the Sports Hub Library page for more information.
Consultant, Mutant Communications
Executive Manager, Communications
Singapore Sports Hub
ABOUT SINGAPORE SPORTS HUB
Singapore Sports Hub is an iconic, premier destination offering sporting, entertainment and lifestyle experiences for all to enjoy. This world-class development is managed by Kallang Alive Sport Management Co Pte Ltd (KASM). It offers programming that comprises international recreational and competitive events, live entertainment as well as activities that cater to the broader community. The Singapore Sports Hub aims to serve the sporting and entertainment needs of people from all walks of life.
Home to unique world-class sports facilities within the city, the Singapore Sports Hub plays a critical role in accelerating the development of Singapore’s sports industry, excellence and participation. Located on a 35-hectare site in Kallang, the Singapore Sports Hub includes the following facilities:
- A 55,000-capacity National Stadium with a retractable roof and movable tiered seating
- The iconic Singapore Indoor Stadium
- A 6,000-capacity OCBC Aquatic Centre that meets FINA standards
- A 3,000-capacity OCBC Arena which is scalable and flexible in layout
- Water Sports Centre featuring kayaking and canoeing
- 41,000 sqm Kallang Wave Mall, including indoor climbing wall and Splash-N-Surf facility (Kids Waterpark, Stingray and Lazy River)
- 100PLUS Promenade that encircles the National Stadium
- Singapore Youth Olympic Museum & Singapore Sports Museum
- Singapore Sports Museum
- Sports Hub Library
- Shimano Cycling World
- Daily community facilities and activities, including beach volleyball, hard courts (futsal, basketball and netball) lawn bowls, giant chess, skate park and running & cycling paths.