SINGAPORE, 21 JUNE 2023 – Kallang Alive Sport Management (KASM) is expanding its portfolio of world-class events to include a collection that is curated for regional audiences and with Singapore as the preferred destination for such events as Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour.
Taylor Swift will be performing three shows at the National Stadium on 2, 3 and 4 March 2024 as part of her 2024 world tour. This concert is a significant milestone for the Singapore Sports Hub as Singapore’s National Stadium will be the only venue in Asia outside of Japan that Taylor Swift will be performing at on the Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour. More than 200,000 fans from Singapore and Asia are expected to attend the concerts held at the National Stadium.
Minister for Community, Culture and Youth Edwin Tong said, “Since the Government took over the reins of the Singapore Sports Hub in December 2022, the KASM team has actively curated a portfolio of world-class marquee events. In the next few weeks, we look forward to welcoming several top football teams to Singapore Sports Hub for the Singapore Festival of Football and in September, the very first FIBA Intercontinental Cup to be played in Singapore and Asia. We also have Coldplay for six nights in early 2024. Taylor Swift’s only-in-Singapore concert outside of Japan is an example of the calibre of events we are targeting to augment our offerings to Singaporeans and tourists alike.”
Opening the Sports Hub to more activities for the community is also a priority and this has been demonstrated through the series of sports and lifestyle events that have taken place since the start of the year. “We are ramping up our engagement with the community by providing greater access to our facilities through family-friendly activities such as the Stadium Waterfront Carnival and Celebrate Hari Raya @ Stadium Roar,” added Mr Tong. “In sports, we’ve welcomed back the Season of Athletics inside the National Stadium and we are especially delighted to have hosted a record number of 42 school sports finals for the National School Games this year, providing the opportunity for young, aspiring schoolchildren to experience sporting competition at the Sports Hub. I am confident we will continue to build on this strong momentum and unlock the full potential of the Sports Hub and the wider Kallang Alive precinct for the benefit of all in Singapore.”
Keith Magnus, Chairman of KASM shared that “to have successfully secured Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour, one of the top artistes in the world’s historic concert event, in a multi-day only-in-Singapore outside of Japan concert is a landmark endorsement of the Singapore Sports Hub’s position as a leading Asian destination for entertainment. It also signals to the entertainment world that performing in Singapore is tantamount to performing in all of Asia. We look forward to Kallang roaring with Taylor Swift as we continue to curate both world-class and community events alike to bring ‘Kallang Alive’ – where Singapore and the world come to play.”
Mr. Magnus added “Securing these arrangements has been testament to the passion, energy and vigour of the pioneering team at KASM and the global relationships we are directly building with major players in entertainment around the globe.”
More information on upcoming events can be found in the Annex.
Consultant, Mutant Communications
Pui Leng Low
Singapore Sports Hub
ABOUT SINGAPORE SPORTS HUB
Singapore Sports Hub is an iconic, premier destination offering sporting, entertainment and lifestyle experiences for all to enjoy. This world-class development is managed by Kallang Alive Sport Management Co Pte Ltd (KASM). It offers programming that comprises international recreational and competitive events, live entertainment as well as activities that cater to the broader community. The Singapore Sports Hub aims to serve the sporting and entertainment needs of people from all walks of life.
Home to unique world-class sports facilities within the city, the Singapore Sports Hub plays a critical role in accelerating the development of Singapore’s sports industry, excellence and participation. Located on a 35-hectare site in Kallang, the Singapore Sports Hub includes the following facilities:
- A 55,000-capacity National Stadium with a retractable roof and movable tiered seating
- The iconic Singapore Indoor Stadium
- A 6,000-capacity OCBC Aquatic Centre that meets FINA standards
- A 3,000-capacity OCBC Arena which is scalable and flexible in layout
- Water Sports Centre featuring kayaking and canoeing
- 41,000 sqm Kallang Wave Mall, including indoor climbing wall and Splash-N-Surf facility (Kids Waterpark, Stingray and Lazy River)
- 100PLUS Promenade that encircles the National Stadium
- Singapore Youth Olympic Museum & Singapore Sports Museum
- Singapore Sports Museum
- Sports Hub Library
- Shimano Cycling World
- Daily community facilities and activities, including beach volleyball, hard courts (futsal, basketball and netball) lawn bowls, giant chess, skate park and running & cycling paths.
“Change is Here”, a celebration in December 2022, marked a new beginning for Singapore Sports Hub under Kallang Alive Sport Management. In the months since, the Sports Hub has celebrated with the community at its very first Chinese New Year Stadium Waterfront Carnival and Hari Raya celebrations at the Stadium Roar. We created family fun at the HSBC Singapore Rugby Sevens and hosted sporting events – National School Games, Active Parents FunFam Sportfest, Season of Athletics, Citi Para World Swimming Series, International Mens ‘A’ Team Friendlies, Singapore Badminton Open – providing the platform from where our athletes can shine, and families can grow together through sports.
In the coming months, we will see some of the best in sports and entertainment perform at the Singapore Sports Hub:
- 18th Singapore National Swimming Championships 21-24 June, OCBC Aquatic Centre
- Singapore Festival of Football 26 & 30 July, 2 August, National Stadium
- UFC Fight Night 2023 26-27 August, Singapore Indoor Stadium
- FIBA Intercontinental Cup 2023 21-24 September, Singapore Indoor Stadium
First FIBA International Cup Championship to be held in Asia and hosted in Singapore
- 2023 FIM World Supercross Championship 30 September, National Stadium
First international Supercross event to be held in Singapore, the only Asian stop on the championship race calendar this season
- Hyrox Singapore 7 October, National Stadium
Hyrox, a global competitive fitness race for everyone, comes to Singapore for the first time.
- Great Eastern Women’s Run 2023 29 October, Singapore Sports Hub
- 14th Women’s World Floorball Championships 2023 2-10 December, OCBC Arena
Bi-annual World Floorball Championships with 16 qualified teams competing in 48 matches, including Team Singapore.
- ASMEIR 2023 World Tour 7-8 July, Singapore Indoor Stadium
Queen of Mandopop, A-Mei, returns to Singapore for her own solo concert after 6 years.
- Jacky Cheung 60+ Concert Tour 14-16, 21-23 & 28-29 July, Singapore Indoor Stadium
Jacky Cheung will be performing a total of nine nights, setting a record for the most number of concerts in a leg that has ever been performed at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
- Twice ‘READY TO BE’ World Tour 2-3 September, Singapore Indoor Stadium
- Charlie Puth The “Charlie” Live Experience 10 October, Singapore Indoor Stadium
- Yuvan Live in Singapore HIGH ON U1 14 October, Singapore Indoor Stadium
Performing in Singapore for the first time
- Coldplay: Music Of The Spheres World Tour 23-24, 26-27 & 30-31 January 2024, National Stadium
For a full list of events and activities at the Singapore Sports Hub, please visit: https://www.sportshub.com.sg/events