The Singapore Sports Hub, which opened to the public in June 2014, is the first fully integrated and sustainable sports, leisure, entertainment and lifestyle project in Singapore.
SportsHub Pte Ltd (“SportsHub”) is a special purpose company which was granted the right by the Singapore Sports Council (rebranded as Sport Singapore) (“Sport Singapore”) to design, build, finance and operate the Singapore Sports Hub as a flagship project under the Singapore government’s PPP initiative and is currently the world’s largest sports infrastructure PPP project.
The advertised position resides in the Legal department at SportsHub and reports to the Director, Legal, Risk & Compliance. The role will support and assist the Legal, Risk & Compliance department in managing and dealing with all legal issues related to the management and operation of the Singapore Sports Hub. Key responsibilities will include:
Advising on all legal issues pertaining to the contractual interface between SportsHub, Sport Singapore and SportsHub’s principal subcontractors, including:
- Interpretation of and advising on the main PPP project agreement and agreements with principal subcontractors;
- Drafting of approvals, technical variations, notifications and supplemental agreements pertaining to the project documentation;
- Advising on deductions, relief, liquidated damages and other liabilities under the project documentation; and
- Liaising with Sport Singapore and other key stakeholders.
Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts relating to the operation of the Singapore Sports Hub, including:
- Services agreements such as technology agreements, supplier agreements, broker agreements, and agreements relating to venue infrastructure;
- Event-related contracts such as hiring agreements, ticketing agreements, event promotion agreements and commercial partnerships;
- Commercial rights agreements such as sponsorship agreements, corporate suites and premium seats licences;
- Real estate agreements such as leases, licences to occupy and licences to alter; and
- Terms and conditions relating to venue use and entry, tickets sales and other policy matters.
Other generalist in-house activities, including:
- Management of disputes and dispute resolution processes;
- Oversight of company policies, risk and compliance; and
- Advising on data protection, anti-bribery and corruption, regulatory compliance, insurance and provision of other general legal advice to the SportsHub business.
Dealing with corporate and company secretarial matters, including:
- Drafting board resolutions, board minutes and general company secretarial paperwork;
- Advising on the equity documents with SportsHub’s shareholders including obtaining board approvals; and
- Managing any lender notifications and waiver applications pursuant to SportsHub’s financing arrangements.
Others as and when assigned by the Director, Legal, Risk & Compliance, including:
- Conducting or providing assistance during investigation, compliance audit / review, etc.; and
- Managing and/or maintaining tools used by Legal, Risk & Compliance department e.g. data management system, legal drive, compliance tracking tool, etc.
The role would suit candidates with strong contractual and commercial experience, attention to detail and understanding of impacts/risks of every legal decision taken. Experience in PPP would be beneficial.
- Bachelor degree in a Singapore Law or other Common Law jurisdiction
- Post-graduate degree in Singapore Law or Common Law is preferred
- Hands-on experience in corporate secretariat matters
- Be able to provide commercially focused and solution driven advice against short timelines with limited supervision
- Be a team player, including the ability to work interactively and collaboratively within a legal team structure on projects which have common owners or issues
- Have excellent research and oral and written communications skills
- Have initiative and the desire and ability to handle a complex set of challenging responsibilities
- Be able to demonstrate the highest professional and ethical standards
- Analytical, systematic, research-oriented and articulate
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently to meet short term deliverables.
- Resourceful with strong organizational and administrative skills
- Tech-savvy and adept at sourcing, collating and presenting data
- 3 to 5 years of experience as private practitioner
- In-house legal experience beneficial
- Prior experience in PPP contracts desirable
- Fluent in English
We invite interested applicants to email your detailed resume together with your latest photo, your expected salaries to: