SPORTSHUB’S WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last updated on 4 March 2014
1. This is a SportsHub Pte Ltd website. Thank you for viewing our Website Privacy Statement.
2. SportsHub Pte Ltd, its contracted partners, hirers, agents, promoters, affiliates and related third parties (“SportsHub”) collects personal data from its customers, visitors and users (“patrons”) where patrons deal with SportsHub directly including but not limited to circumstances where patrons register on its website at http://www.sportshub.com.sg (“Website”) as a member, when patrons purchase tickets and when patrons give us compliments or feedback.
3. Protecting patrons’ personal data:
• SportsHub recognises the importance of patrons’ personal data and the sensitivity of patrons’ personal information.
• SportsHub is committed to protecting personal data received from patrons.
• SportsHub aims to comply with all data protection laws and respects patrons’ choices.
4. Personal Data:
Personal Data includes data whether true or not, about a patron who can be identified:
(a) From that data; or
(b) From that data and other information to which SportsHub has or is likely to have access.
5. Privacy Statement:
• From 2 January 2014, Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) (“PDPA”) introduced certain changes to the way in which SportsHub may contact patrons for marketing purposes.
• The PDPA established the Do Not Call Registry (“DNC”) which allows patrons to register their Singapore telephone numbers to opt out of receiving marketing telephone calls, mobile text messages such as SMS/MMS and faxes from SportsHub.
• This Website Privacy Statement (“Statement”) complies with the PDPA requirements.
• It outlines how SportsHub will collect, use and disclose personal data through SportsHub’s websites, online services including its website, mobile applications and any other websites or online services owned and operated by SportsHub (“Sites”) or SportsHub’s physical points of Sales (“Services”).
• This Statement does not apply to websites over which SportsHub has no control over or to non-SportsHub sites or services.
6. Collection and Use of Personal Data:
(a) Reason for collection of personal data:
SportsHub collects information from patrons in order to better provide patrons with personalised services such as ticket bookings and associated products and services as well as to market SportsHub’s product and services to patrons to ensure an enhanced customer service experience. SportsHub only collects personal data of patrons that it considers reasonably necessary for achieving these purposes and to:
• Process and manage patrons’ purchases;
• Respond to or take other actions in response to patrons’ enquiries;
• Communicate event information to patrons who have purchased tickets; and
• Analyse patron information to tailor SportsHub’s products, services and site content to suite patrons’ interests.
(b) Examples of Types of Personal Data Collected:
• User’s Account and Survey Information: The types of personal data that SportsHub collects from patrons includes but is not limited to: first name, last name, username, password, gender, date of birth or age, postal address, contact number, e-mail address, NRIC/Passport details, city of birth and nationality, where applicable.
• Financial Information: SportsHub will only collect certain financial information such as bank account, credit card details and other payment information when patrons purchase products and/or services from SportsHub.
• Patron’s Purchase Information: SportsHub shall collect data pertaining to product/services purchased; location of purchase; time of purchase; frequency of purchase; rewards earned and redeemed and so forth.
• Membership Card Information: SportsHub shall collect data such as card number; card transaction; loading value; redeeming value; balance value and so forth.
• Mobile Applications Information: SportsHub shall collect data such as patrons’ information; device ID; device location and so forth.
• Internet Information: SportsHub may automatically collect patrons’ information of the sites or services, including but not limited to patrons’ internet service provider; operating systems; computer browser information; domain names; IP addresses; access times; pages visited and so forth. SportsHub may further collect aggregated data or anonymised data that does not directly identify patrons.
(c) Mode of collection of personal data:
SportsHub collects personal data:
• Directly from the patron if the patron buys tickets; creates a membership account; joins the loyalty program; registers for a promotion; enters a contest, competition or lucky draw; downloads a site; posts comments on the sites; or sends SportsHub a query, compliment, complaint, comment or feedback;
• Indirectly through cookies and web beacons present on the sites; and
• From third party sources, where applicable.
7. Disclosure of Personal Data:
• Patrons’ personal data will not be shared with or disclosed to third parties (whether for marketing purposes or otherwise) without patrons’ consent.
• SportsHub shall use or disclose patrons’ personal data for a purpose (“secondary purpose”) other than the main purpose for which it was originally collected (“primary purpose”) in circumstances where:
o The secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection and the patron would reasonably expect that SportsHub would use or disclose information in that manner; or
o The patron has provided clear and ambiguous consent of their personal data for the secondary purpose; or
o The use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
o The use or disclosure is otherwise permitted by law.
• As no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure, SportsHub cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted by its patrons to SportsHub from its online products or services. Patrons do so at their own risk.
8. Accuracy of Personal Data collected:
SportsHub shall take reasonable efforts to ensure that personal data used or disclosed to a third party is accurate.
9. Security in storage of Personal Data:
• SportsHub stores patrons’ personal data in SportsHub’s internal database.
• All personal data collected by SportsHub is held securely in SportsHub’s own systems.
• SportsHub regularly reviews developments and security and encryption technologies.
• SportsHub will only hold patrons’ personal data for as long as required for the purposes for which it was collected or as otherwise required or permitted by or under law.
10. Access to Personal Data:
• Patrons may request for access to view their personal data; request for details on how their personal data has been used in the past twelve (12) months; request for access to correct any errors or omissions with regards to their personal data; or request for access to delete their personal data in the possession of or under the control of SportsHub.
• SportsHub shall ensure cooperation with any such request, as required by or under law and/or in accordance with its internal Policies and Procedures.
• SportsHub hereby expressly reserves all rights to charge an administrative fee for any such request.
11. Mailing List Subscription:
• Patrons who subscribe to SportsHub’s Mailing List shall receive regular updates about SportsHub’s products and services. SportsHub ensures compliance with the Spam Control Act (Cap 311A).
• If a patron does not wish to remain a subscriber to SportsHub’s mailing list or otherwise receive updates on SportsHub’s products or services, the patron may unsubscribe from SportsHub’s mailing list via the SportsHub website by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” on an e-mail or by contacting the Data Protection Officer.
12. SportsHub Data Protection Officer:
SportsHub has appointed a Data Protection Officer who shall respond to any requests or concerns with regards to patrons’ personal data. The SportsHub Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:
Data Protection Officer
13. Transfer of Personal Data outside Singapore:
In the normal course and scope of SportsHub’s business in the provision of its services, patron information may be transferred to other countries. In the event where SportsHub does transfer such information, it will ensure that such other countries have in place appropriate protection measures which are in compliance with the PDPA requirements.
14. Other types of Data:
SportsHub collects statistical or behavioural data from time to time which is stored for analytical purposes. This is not personal data as it is anonymous in nature and does not reveal patrons’ personal identity. Information of this nature include but are not limited to:
• Site Visit Information: server address, date and time of visit, pages accessed, information downloaded, type of browser used;
• Web beacons: these are electronic images that may be used on the sites or in SportsHub’s e-mails to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to inform if an e-mail has been opened and action taken.
15. Changes to the Statement:
SportsHub hereby expressly reserves all rights to update, modify, or change this Statement from time to time, as required by or under law and/or in accordance with its internal Policies and Procedures. Any update, modification or change shall be posted on this page and take effect on the date stipulated above.